Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
INFO Latest updates

(08-19-2020, 09:26 AM)lobo Wrote:

I'm also planning to provide a much simpler (and smaller) open hardware 'development board' with K210 (M1 module) and ESP32-PICO-V3.
Any ideas on what else should be included are welcomed.

That would be absolutely fabulous! I'm looking forward to that. The only thing that the M1 misses IMO is the inbuilt WIFI and BLE support and offloading that to ESP32 is a really good idea. The M1W solves part of the problem, but since it doesn't support BLE, it's not really useful for my use-case. I'm looking to create a small board that will work as the brain for a robotics project I'm developing and I think your K210 port of Micropython fits the bill perfectly. BLE allows me to write code targeting mobile phones as the primary programming interface.

Looking over the M1, I don't think it should be too much work to design my own board with the M1, ESP32 module and USB-serial chip to provide a minimal dev board right? Since I haven't done much hardware design, apart from small PIC boards that act as drivers for components in the robotics project, I'm not very confident I can build that on my own, but I might give that a try.

Thanks for your work on the MicroPython port.