Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ULP
Hey everyone,

Is there any chance that something like this could be added into the port?

https://github.com/ThomasWaldmann/py-esp32-ulp

So that the ULP can be used when the device is in deepsleep.
Yes, I'm testing it and I expect it to be ready in a month or two...
(07-15-2018, 07:42 AM)lobo Wrote: Yes, I'm testing it and I expect it to be ready in a month or two...

Great news! thank you Loboris, appreciate it! Smile
Note that MicroPython 1.4 has preliminary support for ULP. It allows you to upload a ULP binary - which could be created from within MicroPython using py-esp32-ulp - and start execution on the ULP.

I'm sure Lobo will pull this in soon!

I recently presented some slides about Using the ULP coprocessor on the ESP32 in the May meeting of our Melbourne MicroPython Meetup. Hopefully the slides may be of use!
(07-18-2018, 03:27 AM)mattyt Wrote: Note that MicroPython 1.4 has preliminary support for ULP. It allows you to upload a ULP binary - which could be created from within MicroPython using py-esp32-ulp - and start execution on the ULP.

I'm sure Lobo will pull this in soon!

I recently presented some slides about Using the ULP coprocessor on the ESP32 in the May meeting of our Melbourne MicroPython Meetup. Hopefully the slides may be of use!

Thanks for the link! Having a look at it now. I didn't know micropython 1.4 could run on the esp32!
Sorry, I made a typo: 1.4 should be 1.9.4. Relevant links: Release notes and pre-built binaries. That's for upstream MicroPython - which, yes, has run on the ESP32 for some time. Smile

Not to take anything away from Lobo's fork which is focussed purely on the ESP32 and has a number of features not yet available in upstream.
(07-15-2018, 07:42 AM)lobo Wrote: Yes, I'm testing it and I expect it to be ready in a month or two...

Hi Loboris, just wanted to follow up on the ULP integration? Also thank you for the last commit! Everything I've tested works really well!
I'm working on some other things now, the ULP support wil be implemented probably at the end of month or the next month.

The implementation is easy, but using it may be dificult for most users as you must know how to write the program in ULP assembly.
I'm trying to make it more user friendly.
I wil probably use something based on the work of ThomasWaldmann.
(09-11-2018, 01:32 PM)lobo Wrote: I'm working on some other things now, the ULP support wil be implemented probably at the end of month or the next month.

The implementation is easy, but using it may be dificult for most users as you must know how to write the program in ULP assembly.

That's perfect, thank you loboris, I appreciate it!
(09-11-2018, 04:23 PM)con3 Wrote:
(09-11-2018, 01:32 PM)lobo Wrote: I'm working on some other things now, the ULP support wil be implemented probably at the end of month or the next month.

That's perfect, thank you loboris, I appreciate it!

submitted a PR if that helps, with Thomas Waldemanns assembler and Andreas Valder's loader