Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TouchPin Examples
Hello All,

I am trying to get a TouchPin input to work with and IRQ.  Is there a way to do this?  I have tried a bunch of different things with configuring the input pin to the TouchPin constructor but it just wont work.

What I am after is I don't want to have to poll the touch pins for input in my main method.  I would much rather fire off an interrupt.  Is this possible?

Thanks.
Here's an example in C:
https://github.com/espressif/esp-idf/tre..._interrupt

I don't know if this functionality has been implemented in MicroPython yet.
The touch support is the same as in the official MicroPython, no interrupts and callbacks are available.

It should be simple enough to implement, I'll try to implement it when I find some time...
(01-15-2019, 08:45 PM)lobo Wrote: The touch support is the same as in the official MicroPython, no interrupts and callbacks are available.

It should be simple enough to implement, I'll try to implement it when I find some time...

That is great.  I found a few other examples of talking about it but never really saw it completed.  I am new to the micropython codebase but if you wanted to give me a few tips on getting started I would try to give it a shot on implementation. 

I am using your codebase on a badge I am doing for a conference and want to use touch inputs (pcb) in the place of buttons.  Should be cool

Thanks for all or your hardwork lobo.

Riley
I actually need to do it for my own needs, as I've recently designed a board with ePaper display and touch keypad...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I had this exact same interest (touch-driven interrupts), and couldn't implement this in mainline MicroPython. Did this even get implemented in this port?

Loving telnet/ftp/mDNS capabilities btw!