Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Info New update
Large amount of updates, new features and modules was commited to the GitHub recently.

The complete documentation will be available on the Wiki pages soon, here are the most important changes:

• Kendryte toolchain and FreeRTOS SDK are updated to the latest versions.
  • MicroPython core was updated to the latest release (1.11, May 29. 2019, SHA: 6f75c4f)
  • Large amount of bug fixes and improvements to almost all sources
  • Many configuration options can now be configured from MicroPython, including running two MicroPython instances, heap and stack sizes, using PyStack, default CPU frequency, default REPL baudrate, boot menu pin, default log level, MicroPython VM divisor
  • Boot menu, invoked by external pin, is provided which can help solve some issues. Options to prevent loading of boot.py and/or main.py, force format of the internal file system, load the default configuration...
  • Two independent MicroPython instances can be started on two separate K210 cores, each having its own heap and environment. Rich set of methods for exchanging data between two instances is provided. It can almost double the performance, as the two processes runs simultaneously, not with time sharing as in threads.
  • Default file system on internal flash is now LittleFS
  • Full network support is added, supporting WiFi module (ESP8266/ESP8285) and GSM modules.
    • My own ESP8266/ESP8285 firmware is provided with enhanced features and OTA firmware update support
    • Full MicroPython socket module compatibility, with some additional features. FTP Server and Web Server examples are available.
    • requests module supporting all http request methods, http and https ( SSL/TLS, on WiFi, only)
    • Full featured mqtt module with callbacks on all events
  • uart module, compatible with the uart module on my ESP32 port
  • Pin module, compatible with the Pin module on my ESP32 port
  • i2c module, master & slave, compatible with the i2c module on my ESP32 port
  • spi module, master & slave, compatible with the spi module on my ESP32 port with added slave support
  • WS2812 support, using spi module
  • usqlite3 module, data base on internal flash or SD Card, in-memory database supported
  • MPyTerm, serial terminal emulator specially designed for MicroPython is provided.
    Included are commands to syncronize MicroPython time from PC, change the REPL baudrate, transfer files to/from MicroPython filesystem (including transfering whole directories).
    Fast block file transfer is used, protected with CRC.
    This terminal emulator is started automatically after flashing
All other changes, not mentioned, will be described in detail on the Wiki pages soon.

Pre-built firmares are available on GitHub and on my server. Flashing tools and instructions are included in the archive.

You can support this project by donating

[Image: paypal-donate-button.png]

Lobo, curious to what your motivation is for using the K210. Are you interested in edge computing and machine learning?  If so what projects have you been working on?