Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Info MicroPython for ESP32 current status
First, I'm very sorry for such a long time without any updates or communication on the forum.

This was caused by various reasons, mostly the excessive amount of work on my official job.
I was also occupied working on the K210 port, which took most of my free time.
I acctually never stopped working on ESP32 port, I was working on two separate commertial projects based on my MicroPython for ESP32 which are much more up-to-date and with some added features. I'll try to port most of the work done to the public project soon.
I've learned a lot working on K210 port and I think it is much better structured and generally works better than the ESP32 port. I'll try to apply some solutions to the ESP32 port.

I will start working on updates and be more active on the forum, I won't promise any dates, but I have no intention to stop working on this port.
Wow, thats very great news. I'm so happy to hear this. Thanks for the great work!
Good to see you back Boris.

I understand your other commitments, but you should have told people what is going on, rather than abandoning and letting people hang.

You definitely had a great leading edge ESP32 micropython port and I hope that it continues as leading edge development.

To regain users confidence you should look at merging your work with someone else or provide some other backup, to insure continued maintenance, in case something happens to you again. If you can do this, I will pledge monetary donations and encourage others to do the same

I am also looking forward to your continued K210 micropython port development.

Once again welcome back, thank you for great development and good luck.
(07-09-2019, 02:52 PM)lobo Wrote: First, I'm very sorry for such a long time without any updates or communication on the forum.

This was caused by various reasons, mostly the excessive amount of work on my official job.
I was also occupied working on the K210 port, which took most of my free time.
I acctually never stopped working on ESP32 port, I was working on two separate commertial projects based on my MicroPython for ESP32 which are much more up-to-date and with some added features. I'll try to port most of the work done to the public project soon.
I've learned a lot working on K210 port and I think it is much better structured and generally works better than the ESP32 port. I'll try to apply some solutions to the ESP32 port.

I will start working on updates and be more active on the forum, I won't promise any dates, but I have no intention to stop working on this port.

Welcome back Boris! Smile
Great to hear you back.

I am also glad it was due to being to busy with a real job rather than you left because you got the shits with everyone asking for way too many requests from you Smile

I also will be keen to play with your K210 port as it develops as I did get a dev board during the kick starter but have been so busy that I haven't even fired it up yet Sad
Thanks for all the great work!
That's so awesome to hear, can't wait for an updated version, thanks for clarifying and your awesome projects!
Thamk you for the effort you put into this Loboris !